Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Uncle!!



Enough already.

Uncle, stop it please, seriously, uncle. At some point last week I complained about the heat. Now, I’d give anything to have last week’s weather. Yesterday the temperature set a record high at 92 degrees Fahrenheit and today is supposed to be even higher. In a country known for it’s long winters and short mild summers, just how many buildings do you think are built with air conditioning? You can imagine what things are like. As I said last week, during the packing process I made the conscience decision to suffer through the rare 77-80 degree for the sake of being comfortable the other 90% of the time. Life is rough, and when your host mother won’t let you wash your own clothes, life is even worse. I only have 5 shirts with me, she won’t let me wash them, and I hate asking her to do it. Life is funky.

Elsewhere:

--I’m finding it really difficult to find the time and the inspiration to write, I’ll fluff with pictures.

--Yesterday, I rode a bicycle around town with some friends (yes, 92 degrees). It was pretty scary, Russians don’t exactly have the same mentality about cyclists that most Bloomingtonians do.

--Yesterday while taking a break from cycling we were sitting along the Volga when all of the sudden a mussel landed in my lap. Maybe they heard some English, maybe the didn’t like the way I looked, maybe it was a one in a million chuck from the river bank, or maybe that was one strong muscle (get it?). Either way it wasn’t very nice.

--I’m going to Moscow on Saturday. Did I mention that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, Adam, even though it will reach 100-101 today here in Scottsdale, the humidity is only 15% so I doubt that we feel as hot as you do. Oh, and yes, we do have plenty of air conditioning.

Friday is my last day here in the office. Friday night is my "going away" party. And hopefully by next Wed, the 6th, we will be heading for Mazatlan. Ahhh!

Spoke with your Mom yesterday. She is really anxious to see her little boy.

Can't wait to hear all about Moscow!