Monday, June 4, 2007

Ладно

Well, this is it. I have to admit, after the first few days I was ready to come home. I would have gladly boarded the first plane to America. But after I made friends and settled in to the rhythm of life in this beautiful country, I couldn’t imagine leaving. Right now, my feelings are somewhere in the middle. Half of me can’t wait to get back to my beloved Brandi, my life and my friends and family in my country. The other half is reluctant to leave the friends and lifestyle I’ve grown accustomed to.

This month has done something to me, something I simply cannot explain. Not all of it has been positive and not all of it has been negative, it has just simply been. Over the last month I’ve come to love this country and it’s beautiful, wonderful people. There is something special about this place and it’s people. As many people have pointed out, Russian’s aren’t quite Europeans, they’re not quite Asians, they’re Russians. Not only have I come to love Russia and it’s peoples, but in this month I’ve come to love my country and it’s peoples more than I could ever imagine. It’s difficult, if not impossible to articulate the experiences and the changes I’ve gone through in the last month, so I won’t even try. I’ll simply say, thank you. Thank you, to everyone who made this possible for me. Thank you to everyone here and everyone there who has been a part of it. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of my life. Thank you.

4 comments:

Louie Herr said...

Have a safe trip home buddy.

Can't wait to hear more about the trip.

Unknown said...

Safe travels and thank you so much for sharing your journey with us in such an interesting way.

Your country is waiting for your return!

Unknown said...

Be safe.

Rea said...

Hi Adam. I've enjoyed your blog tremendously. Your experiences have shaped your ideas and future in ways you can't yet imagine. Now that you're home safely, take some time to remember everything with as much detail as you can. Write.
So, you're from Spurgeon, huh? I'd never have guessed. ;O)
Come over for dinner sometime.
Rea